We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data: (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical
location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views; (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email
notifications and/or newsletters; and (c) any other information that you choose to send to us.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers.
“Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
(3) Personal data
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by
reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic,
cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Stoppies Motorcycles, will collect and use your personal data.
Why does Stoppies need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service, we need to collect personal data to enable us to effectively supply you with products and information.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your
Will Stoppies share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Stoppies in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep
your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line
with Stoppies procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do
How will Stoppies use the personal data it collects about me?
Stoppies will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information
accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Stoppies is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit
purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these
periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Stoppies contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive. We may use emails to inform you of important product changes, safety issues, new products, special offers, invoices, statements, recalls, and other matters related to
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
At your request, Stoppies can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Stoppies does hold personal data about you, you can request the following
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the Data Protection Officer.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis Stoppies for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some
countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal
data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Stoppies accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
EU Passport, EU driving licence with photo, birth certificate, UK utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.
Thank you for taking the time to read this notice. If you have any questions please contact Stoppies on 0208 669 0666 or alternatively email